- American Psychiatric Association
APA practice guidelines are intended to assist psychiatrists in clinical decision-making and to improve patient care.
- American Society of Addiction and Medicine
- Anxiety Disorders
A brief discription of anxiety disorders.
- California Department of Justice Patient Activity Report (pdf)
The link above can be filled out by any licensed physician with a DEA number to obtain triplicate information on any patient.
- California Society of Addiction Medicine
- Climate Change and Mental Health Connections
- Coping After Disaster, Trauma
- Drug Treatment for People with Mood Disorders
Discussions of issues in psychopharmacology.
- Drug Watch
A site to help the public understand mental health medications and the conditions treated by the drugs, such as depression & anxiety.
- Entrez PubMed
Site for searching the medical literature.
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship Program – Department of Psychiatry, UCSF
The UCSF Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship Program offers rigorous training in civil, criminal, clinical, and consultative forensic psychiatry. The goal of the program is to enable psychiatrists to understand and effectively interface with the legal system.
- Gateway Psychiatric Services, Peter Forster, MD
San Francisco psychiatrist, Bay Area psychiatrist providing treatment and evaluation for adult depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders, clinical research and consultation.
- Internet Gaming
- Institute of Medicine
Link to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies site.
- Lab Tests Online
A public resource on clinical lab testing from the laboratory professionals who do the testing.
- Medical Board of California – Physician License Lookup
A link to the physician look-up page of the Medical Board of California.
- MedlinePlus Health Information from the National Library of Medicine
A trusted medical information source from US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health.
- NPR : History of Treating Depression
Link to an NPR recording of a radio interview discussing the nature of depression.
- Suicide Prevention
- Warning Signs of Mental Illness
- What is ECT?
- What is Mental Illness?
- What is Psychiatry?
- What is Psychotherapy?
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- Your Guide to DSM-5
- ADA Home Page – ada.gov – Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Constitution of the United States of America
- Black’s Law Dictionary
- FindLaw: Cases and Codes: Supreme Court Opinions
- FindLaw: Public Resources, FindLaw for Legal Professionals – Case Law, Federal and State Resources, Forms, and Code
- MacArthur Research Network on Mental Health and the Law
- State Bar of CA :: Attorney Search
- State Government Offices, Local US Government, City Government and Federal Government…
- States: Listing by jurisdiction
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- U.S. Code Search
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Write Your Representative – Contact your Congressperson in the U.S. House of Representatives.