Scroll to top
- American Psychiatric Association
APA practice guidelines are intended to assist psychiatrists in clinical decision-making and to improve patient care.
- American Society of Addiction and Medicine
- Anxiety Disorders
A brief discription of anxiety disorders.
- California Society of Addiction Medicine
- Climate Change and Mental Health Connections
- Coping After Disaster, Trauma
- Drug Treatment for People with Mood Disorders
Discussions of issues in psychopharmacology.
- Drug Watch
A site to help the public understand mental health medications and the conditions treated by the drugs, such as depression & anxiety.
- Entrez PubMed
Site for searching the medical literature.
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship Program – Department of Psychiatry, UCSF
The UCSF Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship Program offers rigorous training in civil, criminal, clinical, and consultative forensic psychiatry. The goal of the program is to enable psychiatrists to understand and effectively interface with the legal system.
- Gateway Psychiatric Services, Peter Forster, MD
San Francisco psychiatrist, Bay Area psychiatrist providing treatment and evaluation for adult depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders, clinical research and consultation.
- Internet Gaming
- Lab Tests Online
A public resource on clinical lab testing from the laboratory professionals who do the testing.
- Medical Board of California – Physician License Lookup
- MedlinePlus Health Information from the National Library of Medicine
A trusted medical information source from US National Library of Medicine and the National Institute of Health.
- National Academy of Medicine
Publications and NAM Perspectives available via the National Academies of Medicine site.
- NPR : History of Treating Depression
Link to an NPR recording of a radio interview discussing the nature of depression.
- Suicide Prevention
- Warning Signs of Mental Illness
- What is ECT?
- What is Mental Illness?
- What is Psychiatry?
- What is Psychotherapy?
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- Your Guide to DSM-5
Professional Organizations & Affiliated Institutions